Bonus Episode Super Friends #3... The 22 Panels Legion of Superheroes Roundtable

A discussion of the world of Legion of Super-Heroes fandom with Long Live the Legion Founder Johnny Williams, Legion Fan Club and Legion Outpost founders Mike Flynn and Jay Zilber, and Heavy Metal Executive Editor Joseph P. Illidge.


 Learn more about Legion Outpost.

Mike Flynn would like you to know that his wife Eilis Flynn writes novels, you can find them on Amazon.

Jay Zilber runs the DC Comics: When They Were Fun Facebook Group.

Joseph P. Illidge can be found on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, as well as his website: josephillidge.com

Comments

  1. Good podcast! Could someone give me the name of the fan who said the Legion had "built-in 'nifty' appeal'? I couldn't quite catch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, it was me. It's been immortalized in several places....

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed hearing your talk about Legion of Super-Heroes fandom. I'm five years older than Mike, and when his fateful letter was printed about the fan club, I'd moved on to reading exclusively Marvel - but if I had seen it, I am sure I would have joined, because I had loved the Legion! I did join Legion fandom, but it took me until 1989 to do it. I was pleased to see the Reunion in Charlotte mention - what a good memory that was.

    Part of my interst is because my experience in becoming a Legion fan was so unlike the fans here. I am not male, or American, and none of the experiences here were like mine, but my love of the Legion remains strong and has always been unapologetic. It isn't the "look at this cool future" aspect that draws me, but the diversity and personality of the Legionnaires. I do wish none of you had ever learned the word 'rabid'.

    As for the Legion APAs: they are having something of a resurgence, with membership currently rising. I am referring to Interlac, APA-247 and APA-LSH; I don't now about the others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment